Before making a purchasing decision, it’s important to understand if the product will offer you all the necessary features and perfect dependability. In this Lotos LTP5000D review, you can find all the information about the performance and features of this plasma cutter, as well as its pros and cons. By looking at the finer details, it’s easier to see if it’s really worth buying.
Table of Contents
What Is This Machine Best For?
This plasma cutter is capable of cutting through a variety of metals, including stainless steel, mild steel, brass, alloy steel, copper and aluminum. It’s designed for smaller scale jobs, as it offers limited power. It can be a great addition to a small workshop for carrying out auto repair, muffler repair or plumbing metal cutting jobs. The relatively low price also makes it a great choice for DIYers who need a good plasma cutter at their ranch, farm or garage.
The Lotos LTP5000D is also a good plasma cutter for beginners since it combines both versatility and ease of use. In addition, the machine is very portable and compact, which makes it perfect to move it around the garage or workshop.
- Non-touch pilot arc technology. Lotos designed this technology so that the user can cut through the metal without the pilot arc torch coming into contact with it. So you get better cutting efficiency and quality. It also provides longer consumable life. Moreover, you can even cut through rough and painted surfaces and it will still produce minimal slag.
- MOSFET transistors. It’s designed to make cutting both thick and thin metals quick and easy. So if you’re cutting thicker metal, it will provide more power output. While for thin metals, it provides a steady output.
- Power. Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter can deliver 50 amps of power. So you can make clean cuts through materials that are maximum ½ inches in thickness. The maximum severance thickness this machine is capable of is ¾ inches.
- Inverter technology. The plasma cutter features a digital high-frequency inverter that provides a precise and consistent current. This creates a continuous and fast cutting process. So you can get a smooth cut through a wide range of surfaces.
- PAPST cooling system. This advanced cooling system maintains the optimal temperature of the machine by providing cool air flow. It prolongs the duty cycle, prevents overheating damage and prevents dust and dirt from collecting around the internal parts of the machine.
- Dual voltage capability. This machine offers automatic dual voltage and frequency capability. So you can connect it to either 110V or 220V outlet. For lighter projects, you can use 110V. But if you need to cut thicker metals, you can just replace the plug with a 220V one. Moreover, you don’t need to manually select the needed voltage, the machine automatically detects the right one.
- Comes fully equipped. The machine comes ready to use right out of the box. In addition to the machine itself, the plasma cutter also includes a torch, air regulator and hose with its connections, ground clamp and cable.
- Easy to use. The plasma cutter comes with an easy to understand instruction manual where you’ll find all the information on how to quickly set up this machine. It doesn’t require much assembly and you can be cutting in no time. The machine also features easy to read and understand gauges if you need to adjust the settings for the task at hand. You can also find online tutorials from the manufacturer where you can learn how to use this machine.
- Portable design. This plasma cutter is a compact and lightweight unit. It weighs just 26 lbs and has a convenient carrying handle, making it easy to move from one site to another.
- Long hose. The unit comes with a 9.5 feet long hose, which gives the user an extended reach to the working area.
The Lotos LTP5000D comes with a 1-year warranty. But if you’ll need any repairs, you’ll need to pay 2-way shipping. Moreover, if you’ll need complete machine replacement, they only provide refurbished units. If your Lotos plasma cutter breaks outside the 1-year warranty period, getting serious repairs can be quite costly. In some cases, it might even be cheaper to buy a new plasma cutter instead of trying to repair it.
If you want good warranty coverage, look for more reputable brands that have been on the market for a long time. Good examples are Hypertherm and Miller. For example, for Hypertherm Powermax 45 you get a 3-year warranty. With these large companies, you can also have the peace of mind that they will always be around to help in case something goes wrong with your product.
Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter Pros And Cons
- Great cutting capacity.
- Automatic dual voltage capability.
- Efficient and clean cuts through a variety of metals.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Affordable price.
- Doesn’t come with a 110V pigtail (purchased separately).
- Not designed for heavy duty use.
- Made by a small company and so there’s no guarantee that there’ll be replacement parts in the future.
- Short warranty.
In all, if you’re looking for an affordable plasma cutter that provides quick and high quality cutting performance, the Lotos LTP5000D is an excellent choice. It can get the job done quickly and with precision. Many users mention in their Lotos LTP5000D review that they’ve been using their machine for home repairs and they’re very happy with the performance. However, keep in mind, that if you need more professional results, this machine might not be the best plasma cutter for your needs. In this case, we’d recommend looking instead at Hypertherm and Miller plasma cutters.